search contract research
Aquatic Microbial Ecology Faculty of Biology and Earth Sciences Jagiellonian University
keywords: environment, aquatic microbial ecology, analysis of sludge sewage, treatment plants
offer number: 27
- inverted microscope Olympus IX71 with contrast relief and epifluorescence, also with a digital camera and a computer equipped with an image analysis system analySIS;
- microscope Nikon Eclipse 80i with phase contrast and epifluorescence interference, also with a digital camera and a computer equipped with an image analysis system LUCIA;
- 5 bioreactors for continuous culture, New Brunswick Scientific controlled by program BioCommand® Process Control software ver.2010 (New Brunswick Co.);
- programmable climatic chamber, Sanyo MLR-350.
- assess the quality of sludge from sewage treatment facilities;
- biological analysis of sludge (microorganisms, protozoa, metazoa);
- microscopic analysis of activated sludge by Eikelboom method, determination of filamentous bacteria in activated sludge, sludge quality assessment based on the index Madoniego, determination of nitrifying bacteria with in situ hybridization (Vermicon FISH);
- analysis o the effects of different types of plants on the biology of activated sludge and purified sewage parameters in bioreactors simulating the work of sewage farm.
Methods and research techniques:
- Gram and Neisser staining;
- method of silver staining;
- phase contrast and interference microscopy;
- photographic documentation;
- FISH method;
- fluorescence observation;
- photometric analysis.
experience / references / projects:
- all the analyzes were carried out on behalf of Biospekt Ltd;
- hundreds of reports were performed for several Polish sewage treatment plants.
variants of cooperation: contract research, project, consortium
type of services: analysis, devices for rent, expertises
information / broker of Jagiellonian University
name and surname:
phone number: + 48 12 664 42 00