- Institute of Computer Science and Computational Mathematics offers consulting, analyses, expertises and other research services in the following areas:
SOFTWARE TESTING AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
- developing, adjusting and fitting test process into organizational policies and strategies for quality and software development;
- effective test cases design, also for non-functional tests; test automation;
- performing exploratory testing sessions;
- design and implementation of defect prediction and software reliability growth models;
- conducting risk analysis in all process phases;
- auditing and conducting test process improvement (according to TMM, TPI Next, STEP, CTP and other models);
- quality assurance systems;
- requirements engineering and business analyses;
- audit and consulting for web usability including quality-in-use, system/software and data quality characteristics;
- implementing ISO/IEEE/IEC norms related to software testing and quality;
- software quality metrics and reporting;
- trainings on software testing, test management, software quality, courses preparing for examinations and certifications in software quality area, for example: CPRE (Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering), CSQE (American Society for Quality – Certified Software Quality Engineer) and ISTQB (foundation and all advanced levels: Test Manager, Test Analyst, Technical Test Analyst).
IMPROVING BUSINESS PROCESSES IN ORGANIZATION
- pre-implementation analysis;
- consulting for selection of a proper software, tools and technologies improving organization processes;
- Developing KPI (Key Performance Indicators) and other metric programmes;
- consulting in designing, developing and/or implementing Business Intelligence systems;
- business process modeling, analysis and improvement;
- data mining for finding trends and patterns (for example, in clients behavior) and building predictive models;- consulting in recruiting process for IT, e-commerce or analytical positions.
Methods and research techniques:
- In our research activities we use models, techniques and tools from the areas of: management sciences, software engineering, algorithmics, data mining, statistics (including Bayesian approach), probability theory, modeling and simulation, discrete mathematics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, formal languages, numerical methods);
- In our business activities we also use a wide spectrum of recognized standards, methods and research tools, such like: CRISP-DM model for data mining, BPMN in business process modeling, TMap, TPI Next processes in improving test processes, GQM methodology for designing KPI metrics programmes, FMEA in risk analysis and many more.
- Business and research requests are performed by Institute's employees having a practical experience in business. They work in software and consulting companies or organizations like Polish Committee for Standardization as experts, software engineers, certified trainers, analysts and consultants. They also have a big experience in conducting trainings and lectures, including courser preparing for certification in programming (C++, Java) and software testing (ISTQB).