search contract research
Department of Pharmacological Screening Faculty of Pharmacy Jagiellonian University
keywords: drugs, influence of drugs, obesity, biofunctional tests, safety pharmacology, monitoring of adverse events
offer number: 99
- a system for telemetry monitoring of blood pressure, ECG, temperature, and spontaneous activity in small animals;
- set for measuring the spontaneous activity of animals that may be present in herds in cages home;
- apparatus for nonstress monitoring of temperature and heart rate in rats;
- set for measuring the effect on isolated organs (including heart);
- cardiomonitor with the possibility of measuring oxygen saturation;
- apparatus for measuring blood pressure with direct or indirect method.
- determination of action of new compounds in circulatory systems. Effects on blood pressure and / or heart - in vivo, in vitro and ex vivo studies in laboratory animals;
- determination of the intrinsic activity of the new compounds as compared to the adrenergic, serotoninergic, dopaminergic, adenosine and histamine receptors.
- research in the field of safety pharmacology of the novel compounds;
- indications of acute toxicity and local toxicity in different species, in different routes of administration;
- indications of possible adverse effects of new compounds;
- the biofunctional tests of impact of new compounds on various isolated organs;
- various biochemical tests, e.g.: determination the effect of the compounds on lipid and carbohydrate profile; plasma levels of various substances and enzymes activity;
- planning and implementation of a variety of research in experimental pharmacology;
- performing research in the field of safety pharmacology;
- indications of possible adverse effects of new compounds, medicinal products, medical devices, drugs;
- determinations of intrinsic activity of ligands to different receptors in vitro;
- making bio-functional studies using isolated organ bath;
- indications of acute toxicity and local irritative activity;
- preparation of Common Technical Document for the Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use;
- performing a variety of biochemical assays.
Methods and research techniques:
- system to telemetric blood pressure, ECG, temperature and spontaneous activity monitoring - animals are not subjected to the stress of isolation during research;
- the innovative system for measuring the spontaneous activity of animals - possibility to monitor the activity of animals in natural conditions without chronic stress;
- the innovative system for measuring body temperature and heart rate in rats which enables measurement without any interference – lack of stress during each measurement (multiple times per day);
- preliminary screening tests are performed in vitro: determination of the effect on the heart, the function of individual organs, biochemical tests.
experience / references / projects:
- experience in contract research – cooperation with pharma companies: Adamed Group, Biomed, Apipol, Espefa.
variants of cooperation: contract research, project, consortium
type of services: analysis, devices for rent, expertises
information / broker of Jagiellonian University
name and surname:
phone number: + 48 12 664 42 00