search contract research
Chair and Department of Pharmaceutical Botany Faculty of Pharmacy Jagiellonian University
keywords: plant biotechnology, botany, mycochemistry, phytochemistry, plants, fungi, biomass, extracts
offer number: 74
- HPLC Chromatograph Hitachi LaChrom (Merck) - Detector UV L-7400;
- HPLC Chromatograph Hitachi ELITE LaChrom (Merck) – Detectors: DAD L-2455, FL L-2485;
- Freeze Dry System (Labconco);
- Laminar flow cabinet.
- establishing and maintaining in vitro cultures of plants and fungi intended as a source of therapeutically important compounds (e.g. phenolic acids, coumarins, flavonoids, lignans, glucosionoletes, lipoic acid, arbutin);
- comparative phytochemical studies of biomass from in vitro cultures with plants growing in vivo;
- chemical studies of higher fungi aimed at examining the content of biologically active metabolites (e.g. non-hallucinogenic indole compounds, phenolic acids, sterols, fatty acids, polysaccharides).
- quantitative analysis of phenolic acids in the plant and fungal extracts;
- quantitative analysis of indole compounds in the fungal and plant extracts.
Methods and research techniques:
- maintaining of medicinal plants and higher fungi in vitro cultures;
- lyophilization of the plant and fungal material (biomass);
- extraction of the plant and fungal material using different polarity solvents;
- quantitative analysis of the active compounds by HPLC method.
variants of cooperation: contract research, project, consortium
type of services: analysis, devices for rent, expertises
information / broker of Jagiellonian University
name and surname:
phone number: + 48 12 664 42 00